As reported by the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Azerbaijan, over the night of April 2, Armenian side by using heavy weapons fired the positions of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and conducted sabotage and attacks along the line of contact.
Armenian armed forces also shelled densely populated areas in the vicinity of the contact line. As a result of irresponsible deliberate actions of Armenia there is information about killed and injured civilians. Serious damage was also inflicted upon the private properties. Armenia's actions of shelling civilian objects in flagrant violation of its obligations under the international humanitarian law have to be strongly condemned by the international community. All responsibility lies on Armenia as a state which conducted occupation and aggression.
The actions of Armenian armed forces to escalate the situation are coinciding with the occupation of Kalbajar region of Azerbaijan on April 2, 1993. The UN Security Council has adopted resolution 822 (1993) in regards with the occupation of Kalbajar.
The UNSC Resolutions 822(1993), 853(1993), 874(1993) and 884(1993) demand complete and unconditional withdrawal of Armenian troops from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
However, Armenia continues occupation of Azerbaijan's territories, its deliberate actions to escalate the situation and to target the civilians. Azerbaijan has repeatedly stated that the illegal presence of Armenian troops in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan remains a major obstacle in resolution of the conflict and causes for the escalation of the situation and occurrence of incidents. In order to achieve progress in the resolution of the conflict and to ensure the lasting peace in the region the international community, first and foremost, has to demand firmly from the official Yerevan to withdraw its armed forces from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan in accordance with the relevant resolutions of UNSC.
- ABOUT AZERBAIJAN
- BILATERAL RELATIONS
- CONSULAR SERVICE AND VISA
- ASAN Viza (e- Visa)
- Reception days of the consular
- TRAVEL WARNING!
- General information
- Responsibilities and restrictions defined by legislation
- Documents required for visa issuance
- Applying for issuance of visa and the rules of visa issuance
- Extension of temporary stay
- State fees
- Countries applying the visa-free regime
- The citizens of the country which can get a visa at the airport
- Exemptions from payment of visa fees
- Visas for Diplomats and Foreign Government Officials
- Application for visa
- Visa faciliation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and Swiss Confederation
- Countries with visa facilitation with Azerbaijan
- Information on changes in the process of issuing visas at the international airports
- Decree of the president of the Republic of Azerbaijan no. 326 of 13 September 2010
- Documents required for the invitation of a foreigner or stateless person to the Republic of Azerbaijan
- REFERENCE ON LEGISLATION REQUIREMENTS FOR PROPERTY PURCHASE BY FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PERSONS AS WELL AS PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS RELATED TO
- Working hours Consular Department
- İnformation about required documents and charges during accessing to the Azerbaijan market
- Facilitation of the visa issuing procedures on the base of the agreement between the European Union and the Republic of Azerbaijan
- The Rule of granting electronic signature certificate to non-residents via diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan